Thursday, January 10, 2008

Save Honolua Bay!!!




On a recent trip to Maui I became aware
of a huge threat to Honolua Bay, one of the
island's most beautiful spots and a
legendary break. Developers are chomping
at the bit to turn this pristine unspoiled
area into another cliff covered by condos
and golf courses.

I went to check it out for myself and ended
up kind of saving the day by protecting
Honolua Bay from this hideous skim board
that was carelessly, or should I say cunningly,
placed in the bushes, leaching formaldehyde,
sick graphics, and other VOC's (volatile organic
compounds) into the side of the cliff.

While you may be unable to play such a heroic
role in the defense of this untainted land, you
can learn more about the bay and contribute
to the cause by visiting the Save Honolua
Coalition's website. Think of it as an investment
in your future. If you ever visit Maui you will
want to surf here!

Save Honolua Coalition - Maui

No comments: